By- Urusha Mhatre
India is a country that will never cease to amaze you with its extraordinary beauty. An amalgamation of several states, India has so much to offer that planning a holiday can be a tough decision. Which is India’s most beautiful state? That’s a question that is extremely hard to answer as there are so many magnificent places to choose from.
If you are planning your next trip and asking yourself this very question, we have aimed to make the task of choosing a bit easier on you. Read our narrowed-down list of the 10 most beautiful states in India. Choose a location that suits your holiday tastes and preferences. The Best State To Visit In India
Kerala is one of the prettiest states, rightfully dubbed ‘God’s Own Country’. Here you will find pristine beaches at Kovalam, Muzhappilangad and Varkala. Besides beaches, the state also has a plethora of historical monuments, enthralling waterfalls and some breathtaking hill stations. There are also plenty of ecotourism drives conducted to promote sustainable tourism. Places to Visit in Kerala ▪ Alleppey: Dubbed the ‘Venice of the East’, Alleppey has many backwater channels interconnected in the city where you can rent houseboats. ▪ Munnar: Known for its tea plantations, Munnar is one of the most visited hill stations in Kerala. ▪ Kumarakom: With alluring flora and fauna as well as numerous lakes, Kumarakom is one of the most serene places in Kerala
Rajasthan will tell you stories about wars, victories, romances and men of valor. Rajasthan is the land of kings and has a rich history. You can see palaces, archaic monuments and staggering forts. It is also home to the largest Indian desert, Thar Desert, famous for its dunes and desert safaris.
Places to visit in Rajasthan
▪ Jaisalmer: In the heart of the Thar desert, the city reflects a golden hue from the sunlight and is nicknamed “The Golden City”.
▪ Jaipur: The capital of Rajasthan is home to many palaces with the City Palace and Amber Fort being the most visited.
▪ Jodhpur: Called the ‘Blue City’ thanks to its buildings that are painted with the colour, Jodhpur is an absolute delight to visit.
Punjab is known for its rich and religious history, its cultural diversity and the lipsmacking Punjabi cuisine. It is also home to the iconic Golden Temple that draws devotees from all around the world. Here you will find a blend of local culture and ancient history.
Places to visit in Punjab ▪
Amritsar: Home to famous landmarks like the Golden Temple and the Jallianwala Bagh
▪ Chandigarh: Considered the most well-planned city in India, Chandigarh is also home to the famous Rock Gardens and the Leisure Valley.
▪ Jalandhar: One of the most ancient cities in India – full of history and culture.
Every year Gujarat sees an inflow of tourists who visit the beaches, temples and archaeological survey sites. Gujarat also is the home to the largest protected area dedicated to Asiatic lions. The state is the birthplace of Mahatma Gandhi.
Places to visit in Gujarat
▪ Rann of Kutch: Massive salt flatlands spread across the Thar Desert, till the Arabian Sea. Also a resting spot for flamingoes that fly all the way from Siberia.
▪ Dwarka: On the banks of the Gomti River, this place is considered to be the birthplace of Lord Krishna.
▪ Laxmi Vilas Palace: Home to Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad, it sprawls over 700 acres of land and houses other buildings such as the Moti Baug.
5. West Bengal
West Bengal is the home to some grand mansions and British-era Palaces. Kolkata, its capital, is widely regarded as the cultural capital of India. Witness surreal landscapes and go for vibrant art and film festivals. You can also enjoy the theatre and plays.
Places to visit in West Bengal
▪ Darjeeling: Spread across a mountain range, you will be transported back in time when you witness the jaw-dropping locales.
▪ Malda: It is a city that is famous for its many archaeological sites. The city is also known for the varieties of mango it produces. Every state in India is beautiful in its own accord, however, we have chosen a list of 5 states whose outstanding beauty will leave you speechless. Do have a look at our list and let us know of your experiences in the comments section below.